POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray at LINUXTAG : Re: POV-Ray at LINUXTAG Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:35:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray at LINUXTAG
From: Warp
Date: 6 Jul 2000 12:22:06
Message: <3964b22e@news.povray.org>
Marc Schimmler <sch### [at] icauni-stuttgartde> wrote:
: The only more or less negative feedback had been about the license. All
: but one person made friendly inquiries about the license and asked why
: it is not GPL or something similiar and if there is hope that it could
: change someday. The one not so friendly one walked down the aisle before
: our booth and pointed the thumb down. To those who know the scene I say
: only three letters ..... RMS.

  The ideology of the Open Source Software world is in principle good. Their
fight about oppressing and dictatorshop-like companies like microsoft is
remarkable (see http://www.opensource.org/halloween/ to get an idea of this).
  However, judging from the behaviour described above, their ideology has
converted into fanatism, making (at least some of) them almost as bad as
those oppressing companies themselves.

  Well, we can only deduce that no matter what ideology, there will always
be fanatics.